Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Dustin Lail

Dustin Lail is originally from “Lafayette, LA and currently lives in Baton Rouge, LA for college.” He is set apart from other models because “I was born handicap with a mild club foot and had a cast on from 6 months old through second grade.  During this time, I learned to crawl, walk, and even played sports.  I never let the cast get in my way of doing something that I wanted to do, and my parents never let me use it as an excuse for anything.  What this did was build a strong resilience in me and persistence that doesn’t die down.  I was born with something that was supposed to physically hinder me – but I didn’t let it and did everything and more that a normal kid my age was doing.  So I feel like I have a drive to do things that comes from something instilled in me from birth, something that doesn’t allow me to stop when told I can’t do something.”
Read the entire interview HERE.  Discover his gallery HERE.
Feature image by Kari Jaroszynska Photography